Case Study: How Flixbus Raised Millions in Venture Capital to Disrupt
the European Long-Distance Bus Market
In just 5 years Flixbus grew from an idea to owning more than 90% of the long distance bus market in Germany (and is growing quickly in Europe) due to great execution and raising enough venture capital to foster growth.
In this case study, I talk with co-founder Daniel Krauss on how they went from idea to getting funded and growing the business.
Fun fact: They only own one bus, but were able to transport more than 100 million passengers already.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The surprising way of how Flixbus spotted that there might actually be a billion dollar business idea
- The most critical business assumptions and how they validated it early on
- How they raised millions in venture capital
- A quick walk-through of the never publicly shared pitch deck they used to raise money from investors (hint: It’s different what most entrepreneurs tend to do)
- The top 3 tips of Daniel to other entrepreneurs trying to raise venture capital