In this podcast episode of Startup DNA Martin Luenendonk talks to Daniel Kraus who co-founded Flixbus. In just 5 years, Daniel together with his co-founders turned a simple business idea into the European market leader for long distance bus travels.
What you’ll learn in this episode
- The 3 ways on how to spot a disruptive business idea in a big market (and how Flixbus found out that there might be a huge business opportunity)
- How the Flixbus business model works (and how Daniel and his co-founders validated it in the early days)
- Why being an entrepreneur nowadays is often actually less risky than being employed
- What emotional support system helped Daniel throughout his entrepreneurial journey (and why this is critical for entrepreneurs to have)
- An intensive discussion on the startup pitch deck Flixbus used to raise money from VCs
- Daniel’s best tips for entrepreneurs on raising money from VCs
Here’s the startup pitch deck Flixbus used to attract investors in the early days (and which Daniel discussed in the Startup DNA podcast).